Monday, July 28, 2014

Nothing

When Glory was here, I shared her journey through a series of emails. When someone would share with me that a particular email spoke to their heart, I would quickly give them a disclaimer that I was not a writer.  Explaining any typos or grammatical errors, I guess.  

But I'm still writing...

I am currently preparing for a speaking engagement where I will tell Glory's story and how her life impacted mine.  I have told Glory's story once before to a group and I believe I gave the disclaimer at the beginning that I was not a speaker.  

But I'm getting ready to speak again...

The disclaimers that I have given are true (although I may have given them for the wrong reason - to protect myself).  I am not a writer or a speaker, but I'm doing both.  Why?  How?  Because I am nothing unless God directs my path.  I have nothing to say unless God breathes the words Himself.  Every word, every sentence written or spoken about my journey through love and loss is given by Him.  

God has been working on the most unbelievable redemption plan since the beginning of time.  When I woke up on June 3, 2010, after learning of Glory's condition the day before, God knew what He needed to accomplish.  And He would accomplish it with or without me.  But He gave me the opportunity to join His mission that morning...  

He asked me!  Me - who is not a writer!  He asked me to write.  He asked me to share.  He asked me to write that first e-mail and involve so many more in His Story.  I didn't have to.  But He invited me.  He wants me to be a part of His Story.  Even though He could do it on His own, He loves us that much to want to include us in His plan.  

What or who are you in Christ?  It may surprise you!  I'm in awe today thinking about the things we can do because WE can do NOTHING apart from Him...


Me with some of the Meinardus Family.  They hold a special place in Glory's Story.  And Jessica has an amazing story here...

No comments:

Post a Comment