Sunday, December 15, 2013

Because

Because you were so amazingly generous with your love and hospitality at STIR's Glisten and Give event earlier this month, close to forty families (including many mothers staying in the unit alone) in the Arkansas Children's Hospital Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit in Little Rock were served a meal and received a large (and I repeat LARGE) Christmas gift bag with goodies such as candy bars, popcorn, gum, magazines, pop tarts, granola bars, hand lotion, fuzzy socks...and the list goes on!!

Here are some highlights from December 11, 2013...

All family members got a boxed dinner with a sandwich and chips from here and a cupcake from here:)



Our sweet Beka let us come up to her dorm room at UALR and package up all the food and get the goodies ready for delivery...



We might have been having way too much fun!!!:)  And I want to thank Jessica Meinardus who isn't in any of these pictures because she was taking them all!!!  And once again, her photos are priceless..




I was SO excited to see Libby waiting for us at the ACH entrance to help us get everything up to the unit.  Libby was there when our Glory Girl was in the unit and it was ALWAYS so nice to see her face...





Words cannot express the love I have for Amanda.  I don't believe either one of us knows how much Glory impacted both of our lives...



Heading inside...


On the move...


Unloading the boxed dinners...  I wish you could have all seen the gratitude on the faces of these families...





STIR ladies, I cannot thank you enough for making my passion your own.  I know you understand that this was one of the best days of my life and I am honored to serve with you...



Handing out the food...

Because you chose to share the burdens of these families.  Because you chose to love our Glory Girl. Because God has a greater plan.  Because God's love for me is too great to let me be silent.  Because of faith, hope, and love...love is the greatest, you have changed lives.

Saying thank you seems inadequate, but I hope that you can see that your love can change stories and cause them to live on.  I look forward to the next opportunity to serve these precious families with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment