Thursday, February 21, 2013

Keep Moving Forward...

Do you ever feel the need to just keep moving forward?  Driven by a fear of standing still?  Worried you might turn back into the person you were yesterday - the person that inhaled raw cookie dough straight from the fridge?  With a spoon?

Me, too.  I just needed to write.



And share this pic.

No, the chocolate smudged on her face is not cookie dough.  It's from a cupcake.  And, given the fact that she never really ate food via her mouth, she was not pleased that a cupcake was forced smudged onto her pinkish-blue pursed lips (and, for the record, I didn't do it).  And that dislike of chocolate is one of the few things we did not have in common.   Although, in her defense, she never really got to develop a taste for good food.  Wonder what she's enjoying now?

I also realized today that I used to think that if I ate a piece of bread and chose to eat the crust along with it (which was a hard decision when I was a kid) that I was eating the "healthy" part of the bread.  Like eating the peel of an apple has actual additional nutrition that the flesh lacks, I thought the crust on a loaf of bread had vitamins and minerals that the middle of the bread did not.  Until I was making Eliana a peanut butter and honey sandwich today, and realized that the crust I was cutting off was in reality just the outside of a loaf of bread that had taken on some additional browning in the baking process.  Why are we so concerned that our kids will never eat the crust?  Am I the only one who had this strange idea about the bread dough that just happened to be on the outside and got all nice and brown?

Just some random thoughts to send your way...

No comments:

Post a Comment