Monday, February 25, 2013

Every Reason

I am gazing through my office window looking over the treetops to the other side of the cold creek that lies who-knows-how-far below my house at the bottom of a rocky cliff.  Remnants of snow lay on the ground and blasts of cold air are trying to push the cedars to their breaking point.  My wind chimes have not rested all morning.  Birds are pecking at the hard ground looking for anything to satisfy their hunger.  It's the kind of day that implores you to stop working and curl up under a blanket on the couch with a mug of hot cocoa.  I'm trying to resist the appeal...

But even in the middle of this bleak season, nature knows that it will not remain frozen with no hope.  The birds know it.  The trees know it.  The rocks know it.  

Something different is just over the horizon.  The snow will melt.  The cold wind will be traded for summer breezes.  The solid earth will soften and offer up flowers and all things green and colorful.       

For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun!  Do you not see it?  I will make a pathway through the wilderness.  I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.  Isaiah 43:19

You are every reason for every hope that we have.  Every dream.  Every season of joy.  Every light in the darkness.  Your Glory fills the sky...

2 comments:

  1. Best thing I've read anywhere, by anyone, in a long while.

    And you told us you weren't normally a writer. What-ev!!!

    xxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. Beautiful. I hadn't checked your blog in awhile because you hadn't written for awhile. So I missed these last 2 posts!! Beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete